Monday, February 25, 2008

1.


2. If I could give someone five years younger than me any advice, I'd tell them to value the relationship they have with their parents. It's so easy to get caught up in thinking parents are trying to keep you stuck at home, but building trust makes life so much easier. The older you get with builded trust, the more freedom you get. Along with freedom you get an awesome relationship with the people who know you best. Parents are irreplaceable people, and have so much they are willing to share with you. I'd also tell them to start good study habits young. It's easier to maintain postive study habits than it is to start them later in life. My advice is given based on my own experiences. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with my mom, and I know that having her so involved has helped me through a lot of things. I thinking working is also a really good thing to do. You learn the value of money, and start to break away from being completely dependant on parents. Overall keeping a strong base of people is important, as well as starting good habits early.

3. Great works of literature are a rarity in today's society. At least in a sense that they'll be known years from now. Most known works from the past all have characters that we can truely understand. And contain subjects we can relate to, or can completely put ourselves in. Not only are they well written, and relateable, but they contain truths of life. The truths that are behind the story are timeless and universal. You don't need to be a specific gender, or race to understand true love. Or fighting for personal freedoms. That's something everyone can put themselves in. In today's society it's hard to create a story like that. Especially in this country. As a whole, our society is very selfish and literature isn't a focus.

No comments: